Collection of Personal Information
We need to collect certain personal details when you register with us and use the website in order to facilitate the provision of our service and to maintain our quality standards. These details may include your name, phone number, email address, home address, shipping address and other similar information. You can amend or update personal or contact information you have entered into the website at any time by logging on to your online account.
In addition to the above information, we will also keep a record of your user details and log details of any visits to, and transactions you carry out through, the Website (as buyer or seller). If you contact us, we may keep a record of any correspondence.
We may gather statistical information about sales which may be passed to third parties but this information is entirely anonymous and cannot be used to identify you personally.
Use of Personal Information
We may use your personal information:
- to ensure that the website is correctly displayed on your computer in the most effective manner;
- to monitor and improve the provision of the services through the website;
- to provide you with information about your use of the website;
- to enable us to send you our newsletter and to provide you with information in relation products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to provide you with information, promotional material or details of offers from selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- to send you notices about our service or any changes to it;
- to operate, evaluate and improve our business and the products and services we offer;
- to analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies (including by identifying when emails sent to you have been received and read);
- to analyze trends and statistics regarding visitors’ use of our sites, mobile applications and social media assets, and the purchases visitors make on our sites;
- to protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk expo sure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users;
- to comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards and our policies.
We may use your details for the processing and delivery of orders, processing payments, and managing your account.
Personal information that you provide may be disclosed to a credit reference or fraud prevention agency, which may keep a record of that information.
We may disclose your information on a confidential basis to our agents, subcontractors, bankers and third-party service providers in connection with the proper provision of services to you. We may also transfer your information to an assignee of the whole or a substantial part of Guiltless’ business. Subject to the foregoing, we will not share, trade or sell your information to any company or parties not directly associated with its proper use in accordance with the terms of our service or as described above, except when you give us explicit permission or we are under a legal obligation to do so.
Controlling your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you have previously agreed to us sending you our newsletter or using your personal information for marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by changing your preferences in your online account or by contacting us using the details set out below.
- You are entitled to access and make changes to any personal data relating to your profile held in our database. You should update the personal data held by us whenever there is a change. If you have any questions about this Policy, or if you would like to submit a request for access to or change of the personal data and information that we maintain about you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any such access request. All requests for access to your personal information must be submitted in writing. When communicating your request, please be sure to include your full name, address and telephone number so we can ascertain your identity, and specify clearly the type of enquiry and the original source of data collection.
Data Security and Centralized Processing of Personal Information
To maintain the accuracy of your personal data, as well as preventing unauthorized access to and ensuring the correct use of your personal data, we have carried out appropriate physical, electronic and managerial measures to safeguard and secure the personal data we collect. These measures are subject to ongoing review and monitoring. Whilst we make every effort to protect your personal data, no security measures can guarantee that your personal data and information will not be subject to interference, misuse or hacking and we shall not be responsible for any loss, misuse or alteration arising as a result of such incidents.
We may centralize certain aspects of our data processing activities, which may result in the transfer of your personal information from one country to another. For example, if we use a service provider who stores data outside of Hong Kong, the personal data and information gathered in that process will be transferred to and processed outside of Hong Kong.
We retain the personal data collected for so long as may be necessary to fulfill the purpose (including any directly related purpose) for which the information was to be used. Any transmission is at your own risk.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. If accepted, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
If you have any questions about the privacy of data we hold, to “opt-out” of receiving marketing communications or to request a copy of information we hold about you, please email us at email@example.com.
This Policy is governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
This Policy is written in the English language and may be translated into Chinese. In the event of any inconsistency between the English version and the Chinese version of this Policy, the English version shall prevail.